Advanced Management Program
A Transformative Five Weeks
Today’s executives operate in an increasingly uncertain and complex business world. Since 1988, senior executives have relied on the Wharton Advanced Management Program (AMP) to separate the signal from the noise to amplify their leadership impact.
AMP is an immersive five-week executive management program based on real-time business dynamics, economic challenges and opportunities, global trends, and market shifts. Wharton’s AMP faculty brings extensive business knowledge, research and expertise to bear on all aspects of this thought leader training program.
AMP is selective; only about 60 executives are accepted per session. The result: an optimal learning environment, with a globally diverse group of executives.
Jun 01, 2014 - Jul 04, 2014
Impact & Experience
Wharton AMP becomes a defining moment in one's career, — our AMP alumni call it life changing. Senior leaders who attend AMP should expect to sharpen their critical thinking skills and hone their leadership capabilities for immediate impact to their businesses upon their return. Upon completion of AMP, participants are better prepared to:
- Authentically lead their organization to inspire and inspire a higher level of performance.
- Align resources with strategy to create a more resilient and agile organization.
- Formulate a corporate vision and set a new direction for their organizations.
- Create greater shareholder value.
- Reimagine customer and supplier relationships.
- Replace binary thinking with more critically integrated design thinking.
- Persuade, influence, and negotiate expertly.
- Balance corporate social responsibility with fiduciary realities.
Who Attends This Program
Although AMP participants come from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds, they share key qualities:
- Role: A senior executive within three reporting relationships of the CEO or managing director.
- Experience: 20+ years of management experience.
- Reference: Nominated by the CEO, division president, or senior corporate human resources officer.
- Language: High level of English proficiency to actively engage in group discussions and reading assignments [Scores for the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC), taken within the past two years, must be 800 or higher]*
*If you have less than one year of experience working in an English-speaking environment, or if you are unsure about your current level of English, please contact us immediately at email@example.com. We will schedule an appointment for you to speak with one of our language specialists about our business English language programs. The Admissions Committee may also require an interview by phone.