Advanced Management Program
Jun 2, 2013 - Jul 5, 2013
Sep 29, 2013 - Nov 1, 2013
Every organization needs leadership, but visionary leadership is in short supply. If you are ready to strengthen your strategic prowess and acquire a multidimensional context from which to engage challenges and opportunities, you are ready for Wharton's Advanced Management Program (AMP).
This senior management development program prepares you for the challenges of a changing world. With the increasing complexity and pressure of business today, the space between a customer and a choice, a deal and a disaster, an idea and an invention, has been reduced to the width of a light beam. Technology, globalization, and constant organizational transformation have made the job of leading a business more exciting, yet more complex and demanding. Despite the distraction of the details, you must maintain a critical focus and open mind to have a clear vision of the ever-widening, ever-changing big picture. Decide for yourself...listen to the participants, faculty, and administrators of Wharton's Advanced Management Program in Nine Stories.
To apply to the Wharton Advanced Management Program:
- You must be nominated by the chief executive officer, division president, or senior corporate human resources officer. All nominators must provide a candid evaluation of the candidate's capabilities, professional potential, and planned career track.
- All candidates must complete the application themselves, and convey a genuine understanding of their developmental needs and the ways in which the program meets those needs.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIRED: All candidates for the AMP must have English language fluency to complete reading assignments and to actively engage in group discussions and activities. If you have less than one year's experience working in an English-speaking environment, please contact us immediately and we will schedule an appointment for you to speak with one of our language specialists about our business English Language Programs. (The Admissions Committee may also require an interview.)
The benefits of the Wharton Advanced Management Program will continue to add value throughout your professional and personal life. Past participants in the Wharton AMP continually tell us about the distinct and unique skills, discoveries, and knowledge that have influenced their lives since they took part in the program. They tell us it is an experience without equal, and one that continues to affect them deeply, with a multitude of benefits. You will:
- Challenge outdated assumptions and explore business challenges from new vantage points.
- Build on core functional competencies: understanding financial levers, creating shareholder value, becoming market driven, assessing the impact of information and technology, and sustaining competitive advantage.
- Shift to new leadership paradigms and behaviors.
- Understand and contribute to a discussion of emerging business issues in key parts of the world.
- Assess your leadership advantage and plan your future in a risk-free environment.
- Develop a global network of peers and experts and join the ranks of more than 84,000 Wharton alumni throughout the world.
- Develop an implementation plan for your return.